Tutorial: How To Install Linux on 1.76 PS4
Kudge8 months ago
Linux Installation on 1.76 PS4
- PS4 on 1.76
- A computer
- 1 USB stick larger than 8g & 1 large enough for the Initramfs.cpio.gz also bzimage files
- USB keyboard (I use a USB Bluetooth keyboard and mouse)
- Initramfs.cpio.gz also bzimage files
- Ubuntu 14.04 or 14.10
- Download the two files from http://kr105.com/ps4kerneltest/
- Download Ubuntu 14.04 or 14.10 from http://releases.ubuntu.com
- Format your USB drives to FAT32
- Follow this video to install Ubuntu on the Usb larger than 8gb: https://youtu.be/SnB4NrJrw3Q
- Copy over the Initramfs.cpio.gz also bzimage files to the root of your other Usb stick and put it on the right hand port to the PS4
- Turn on your PS4 and connect your keyboard
- Head on over to http://sce.party/ps4/playground/ and select Launch Linux
- Once you see the penguins on the screen take out the Usb with the Initramfs.cpio.gz also bzimage files and stick in the Ubuntu created Disc.
- Now after all of the files load you will see your home screen
After launching Linux...
When you see Rescueshell/ #
Find the boot partition /dev/sd…. (it will say Linux on the right side), then type:
/dev/sd(your partition location) without parenthesis
As of right now there is no sound over HDMI.
Credits to Masterzorag for your help.